Long distance moving seems to be a straightforward process, but in reality, it is actually complicated. As such, you’ll have to depend on a moving company to handle and move all your belongings. Unfortunately, choosing the right moving company can be challenging, especially as there are so many movers to choose from in the country. So how do you make sure that you have the best moving company that you can trust to handle and move all your belongings?
It all comes down to asking the right questions. Be sure to meet them and ask them the following essential questions if you consider hiring the services of a moving company.
1. What kind of moving services they offer?
You must always ask the moving company what kind of services they offer to their clients.
- Keep in mind that not all moving companies provide the same services. So if you have a particular item like a grand piano that needs to be moved, ask them how they will be able to pack and unpack it.
- A moving company should provide services which include packing, wrapping, loading, moving, unloading, and unpacking.
2. What kind of equipment they use?
You want to feel confident that the moving company should be able to transport all your belongings safely, especially if you are looking to move at a long distance.
- A moving company should always be complete with equipment for transporting your belongings safely.
Here’s a list of equipment that a moving company should use for transporting your precious belongings.
- Protective blankets
- Furniture pads
- Shrink wraps
- Heavy-duty boxes
You also have to make sure that the moving company has a moving truck that is capable of load and transport all your belongings in one go.
3. How much will the move cost you?
You want to be clear with how much the move will cost you especially if you are moving long distance. This will also prevent you from having last minute surprises from your moving expenses.
- Most residential moving companies will charge you on an hourly basis with added mileage fees. So if you’re moving long distance expect for your overall bill to be high.
- Different companies have different pricing for their moving services. So choose a moving company that will only charge you based on the mileage from the pickup location to the final destination.
- It’s also important to ask the company if there are any additional fees and what you can do to avoid incurring them?
Knowing how much the move will cost you beforehand can help you avoid confusion if, for some reason, there’s an additional fee added to your final bill.
If you’re preparing for a long distance move, it’s important to ask the essential questions above to a moving company. Talk to at least 2 or more moving companies and ask these questions before you choose to hire one. Trust your instincts too, especially if you are meeting these moving companies in person. You’ll certainly get a good feel for a moving company, especially if you ask them these questions.The best moving companies should be able to make you feel comfortable as they give you answers to your questions.
You may also want to use an online tool like the MyLongDistanceMovers.com. MyLongDistanceMovers.com can help you find the best moving company to help you with your long distance move that offers high-quality moving services for a very good price.