When life becomes hectic, it’s easy to let some things fall by the wayside. A common casualty of life’s interventions is taking care of the way we look. Not looking like a slob is important for a lot of reasons, both internally and externally. To help you out, we’ve found a few simple things men can do to look more put together so that you can feel more put together as well.
Choose Proper Clothing
Not every guy is into shopping, especially for themselves. You should know, however, that your clothes play a big part in how you’re perceived. It doesn’t matter what size you are; every man benefits from wearing clothes that actually fit him. Consider these tips:
- Don’t wear any overly-baggy shirts as this just adds more visible weight to you and can appear very sloppy.
- Keep your jeans fitted to your legs. They don’t have to be skinny jeans, but they shouldn’t sag either.
- Only wear workout clothes when you’re actually working out or lounging around.
- Suits are an important part of a man’s wardrobe, so make sure the ones you have are tailored to your specific body type.
Keep Yourself Groomed
Clothes only go so far, after all. This applies to any visible hair on your body as well as your overall hygiene. Consider the following tips:
- Keep your beard trimmed and clean. If a beard isn’t in the cards for you, stay clean shaven.
- The hair on your head should be well managed. Don’t let your short hair get too long. If you have long hair, tie it up and don’t let it get out of control.
- Stay away from strong smelling spray deodorant and cologne. Scents should be subtle and only for those that get very close to you.
- Groom your body hair, including hair on your neck, back, chest, eyebrows, and in your nose.
Work on Your Posture
One of the simplest things men can do to look more put together is to straighten their posture. The way you carry yourself has a profound impact on the way others see you. Having a straight back with your shoulders down and head held high exudes a sense of confidence that others will be able to notice.
Take Care of Your Body
Even if you’ve heard it a million times before, nothing helps a man look and feel more confident than taking care of his body. Regular exercise is crucial not just to the physical health of your body, but it also affects your mental state as well. Exercise doesn’t have to be overwhelming or a nightmare to deal with. Start small and slow and work your way up to harder exercises when you feel ready.